vv Home of The Champions
Champions!!!
Saturday, July 22, 2006

How rubbish can a person be?

From Sky Sports,

John Terry is favourite to succeed David Beckham, but Mourinho insists he will not be calling for the defender to be given the skipper's armband for England.

"I read a few quotes from other managers in The Premiership saying their player would be perfect to be England captain. It is very bad to say this," added Mourinho.

"Steve McClaren needs help, not pressure. He needs freedom and not people trying to push him for a decision.

"If Rafael Benitez says Steven Gerrard is the best captain and if Sir Alex Ferguson says Gary Neville is the best captain and if Arsene Wenger says Ashley Cole is the best captain, we are not helping Steve McClaren.

"I would say John Terry is the best captain you can have, but Steve McClaren needs space."

"He needs support. Any decision he makes will have my support. He knows John Terry."

angelzone | 12:16 am | me, myself and i