vv Home of The Champions
Champions!!!
Sunday, July 02, 2006

Sven 0 Big Phil 3
It is a hat-trick for Portugal coach Luiz Filepe Scolari. He has now beaten England on 3 occasions, once as a Brazil manager in World Cup 2002 and twice as a Portugal manager.

It is clear Sven has got it all wrong from the start.

Why take players like untried Theo Walcott, Steward Downing and an unfit Michael Owen to the World Cup? Why stick to the misfiring Frank Lampard even though he is not as his best? Why play Mr Beckham instead of playing the pacy Aaron Lennon? Why isn't Steven Gerrard made captain of England?

Steve McClaren will now officially take over as the new England manager and who knows, a new England captain may well be appointed too. I believe that Steve McClaren, as the ex-no.2 of Man Utd, will be rational enough to sack the current England captain.

Ronaldo did well for Portugal. He is still my favourite player for Manchester United despite kicking the winning penalty against England. England can only have themselves to blame.

I hope there will no be animosity between him and his England United colleagues when they return back to Man Utd. They still got an important job to do together, which is to wrest the title away from the Blues.

With England beaten, my World Cup is over too. I can now concentrate on other important stuffs.
angelzone | 1:52 am | me, myself and i