vv Home of The Champions
Champions!!!
Sunday, October 19, 2008

Windsurfing
The wind was so strong today. Those experts were zipping away like crazy while those people like me, were struggling to even hold the sail up! The wind was just too strong for anything.

"USE YOUR LEG MUSCLES," my mind told me. But even with the help of my leg muscles, I was struggling to bring the sail up. At the end of the session, my heart was panting like crazy and my palm filled with blisters.

It was really shiok when there was mild wind. When the wind suddenly picked up speed, I would always be unbalanced and fall into the water. And the mad struggle of pulling up the sail began. It also didn't help that the strap of my slippers came off and I had to surf barefooted. My feet had no grip with the surfboard and when I was halfway up in pulling up the sail, I slipped and fell into the water. Needless to say, I did the cycle of pulling up the sail yet again.

But I managed to put a successful "run" today. The trick was to pull up the dagger board! I didn't know it until today! The guy on the speedboat was shouting, "PULL UP THE DAGGER BOARD! YES! HOLD THE BOOM! STEP BACK! ALL THE WAY BACK! POWER UP!!" Then off I went....

I can't let the wind control me. I want to be able to control the sail in all wind conditions.
angelzone | 5:11 pm | me, myself and i